BY TEAMING UP WITH HUBSPOT, ONE OF THE WORLD'S LEADING CRMS, MEMBER CENTER IS A COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION FOR COUNTLESS BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS TO DEVELOP AND SUSTAIN MEMBERSHIP.
My Member Center Account
1. What is a membership software vs a CRM... and what is Hubspot? A membership software is a system which provides businesses, associations, clubs and other membership organizations with the functionality they require to provide services to their members. A CRM is a customer relationship management system. Hubspot is a CRM software designed to not only retain customer information, but encourage you to learn more about your customers. At Member Center, we like to call our customers our members. We prefer using a CRM model to base our membership system because we believe that member retention is relationship building.
2. Do I need a Hubspot to use Member Center? Yes. It is easy to start a Hubspot account. If you do not have one already, you can create one at hubspot.com
2. Can I try out Member Center? Why yes, yes you can. Every account comes with one free month. To activate your free month, register today. One month after registering you will be prompted t pay for the service.
3. How do I set up my Member Center account? After your Hubspot is set up, Member Center is an easy addition. Registering for Member Center, and then follow the prompt to link your Hubspot account. Once this is complete, you will be asked to define your membership types. Up to 10 Member types are allowed, each must be named and defined as monthly or annual with automatic renewals or a one-time fee. Next you will create a membership sign up form, which can be embedded on your website, or used with a link. Lastly, you then have the option to import memberships, or enter them manually.
4. How can I import my members? Yes. Upon completion of set up you will prompted to import your members. This must be a CSV file that at the very least has the member's email address and membership type. The membership type MUST match the member types you set-up EXACTLY. That includes capitalizations and hyphenations. You can additionally import members at any time by logging into your Member Center Account.
5. How to I change my member types and/or membership sign-up form? Both your member types and membership sign-up form can be edited by logging into your Member Center account.
1. How can I update my contact records? You can manually change any member record in Hubspot by clicking on the field and typing the correction. Unfortunately, you can not undo an edit. Additionally, when a member signs up using your membership form, the information they submit will update the contact's records.
2. How do I bulk edit records? To bulk edit Hubspot contact records, follow the instructions here. If you want to edit a membership field (for example expiration dates or member type) create a spreadsheet of the contacts you would like to update, with the updated information and upload the spreadsheet to Member Center by logging into your Member Center account. To bulk remove members, we suggest making a new membership category titled "past members", "non-members" or"prospect members". You then can make a spreadsheet with all of the members you want to remove and list them as such.
3. How to a register or renew a member? There are three ways to register a member A. Upload members using a CSV file. (Instructions can be found on the "Getting Started" tab on this page) B. Use your embedded form. When you complete your set up, you will receive embeddable code that can be used on your website so that members can sign up themselves. C. In hubspot, use the left sidebar Member Center link to renew or register members. 4. How do I get rid of duplication? Hubspot is particularly good at minimizing duplicate records, however, from time to time you may have one show up. This is most likely because a contact has multiple email addresses. To remedy this, just add the multiple email addresses to one user. There is additionally hubspot apps that that can help with this issue.
5. How do renewals work? During set up, you will have the option to set up automatic renewal notifications. These emails are completely customizable and you can set the frequency in which they are sent. To change these, log into your Member Center profile and edit accordingly. To manually renew a member, follow the instructions listed on #3.
1. How do I access my Member Center account? To make any Member Center changes, you will need to log into your Member Center account on MemberCenter.net. To do so, simply click log in on the top left of the menu bar and enter your credentials. 2. I forgot my username and/or password. If you have forgotten your Member Center username or password, select the "forgot" option at log-in. In the future, may we recommend getting a password safe like Passpack? You can learn more about them here.
3. How does my payment work for Member Center? After a free one-month trial, you will be prompted to pay according to your active number of members. Payment is accepted on a monthly reoccurring basis. Cancellations requests are made promptly emailing email@example.com.